Architects of the West Kingdom Info
1 - 5 players 60 - 80 mins Ages 12+
Categories: City Building, Medieval
Play involves: Drafting, Solo / Solitaire Game, Variable Player Powers, Worker Placement
Shipping & Delivery
Most orders arrive in 1-3 days from our Hamilton, NZ based warehouse.
Free shipping when you spend $99+
Standard delivery is $4.90 details.
Frequently Bought Together
Enter the end of the Carolingian Empire, circa 850 AD.
As royal architects, players compete to impress their King and maintain their noble status by constructing various landmarks throughout his newly appointed domain
Players will need to collect raw materials, hire apprentices and keep a watchful eye on their workforce. These are treacherous times. Rival architects will stop at nothing to slow your progress. Will you remain virtuous, or be found in the company of thieves and black marketeers?
The aim of Architects of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most Victory Points (VP) at the game’s end. Points are gained by constructing various Buildings and advancing work on the Archbishop’s Cathedral. Throughout the game, players will need to make a lot of moral decisions. However, only at the game’s end will their virtue be judged. A few underhanded deals here and there might not seem like much, but fall too far and you will be punished. The game ends once a set number of constructions have been completed.
- Unique take on worker placement where players can invest workers into areas for greater rewards and capture opposing, greedy workers for money
- Variable player powers and more than 30 unique buildings and apprentices provide a huge amount of depth and replayability
- Multiple paths to victory, thanks to the virtue system and wide array of potential apprentice and building combinations
- A highly interactive experience, with no take-that mechanics
- Intuitive and easy to use solo play mode
- Over 160 cards and 280 wooden tokens
- 1 x Main Board
- 6 x Player Boards (5 Double-sided and 1 AI Board)
- 10 x Player Markers (in 5 Colours)
- 100 x Workers (in 5 Colours)
- 35 x Clay
- 40 x Wood
- 40 x Stone
- 25 x Gold
- 30 x Marble
- 50 x Silver
- 112 x Large Cards
- 40 x Apprentice Cards
- 40 x Building Cards
- 30 x Solo/Bot Scheme Cards
- 2 x Solo/Bot Reference Cards
- 49 x Small Cards
- 10 x Black Market Cards
- 11 x Reward Cards
- 22 x Debt Cards
- 6 x Multiplier Cards
- 1 x Illustrated Rulebook
- 1 x Rulebook Appendix